Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MY Mother and the 15 year Quilt

  My Mother is a Mother, she is also a Daughter, a Sister, a Wife, and for a long time a Nurse. If you asked her these days, she would tell you, that she defines her self as A Quilter. In my 28 years, I've seen my Mom create an outstanding and large portfolio of quilts. From baby quilts to wedding quilts, and ones that hang on the wall ( I am sure there are a name for those types.) She is also skilled at dress making (she made both my sister and I's prom dresses, as well as brides maids a plenty) and as kids she made a lot of our clothes. She is a talented lady. Currently my Mothers main ambition is to finish this queen sized quilt, made from hand died (with tea) fabrics, as well as scraps from all the projects she has undertaken, dating back to our very own baby quilts and crib bumpers. Looking closely I can identify mostly all of the patterns from different points of my life. What makes this quilt especially time consuming (read 15 years) is that every aspect has been done by hand. Every piece attached to every piece, and all the quilting. Its spectacular.. She is Spectacular. 







No comments:

Post a Comment