Thursday, October 18, 2012

Something Different

Lately I've been feeling lost in regards to "Art" which I am pretty sure I have mentioned a few times. I've been doing more painting then I have over the last year, and feeling frustrated with blending and shading and living in a constant sate of self criticism ( This is one of my biggest faults- and don't I know it.) So about a week ago I just decided to do some thing totally different. I mixed up some colours that I have been drawn to lately, took two big canvasses I'd been hoarding ( But not using because I was "saving them" -for what?? ) and I just went to town. This is what I came up with. The process was a thousand times more enjoyable then what I usually go through with a painting. It never really had a point, so I just sat with myself and thought about things, listened to books on tape, drank tea, and painted. Now when ever I am not at home, I am wishing I was. I've been craving painting again. And the blending and details of my unfinished projects aren't feeling as daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment